Through a Joint Project Office (JPO), the Mihailo Pupin Institute is uniting ICT expertise and resources with prominent German R&D organization, Fraunhofer Gesellschaft. At the Fraunhofer-Pupin JPO, systems engineering and information technologies are combined to develop innovative solutions in the area of energy management information systems, decision support systems, energy management systems, knowledge and content technologies and applications, big data analytics, machine learning, etc. The service scope covers research and development, innovative IT solutions, software outsourcing, technology consulting, engineering, prototyping, and system design and integration. The Fraunhofer-Pupin JPO assembles a team with the best mixture of expertise appropriate to each specific engagement. The Fraunhofer-Pupin JPO team has acquired an extensive research experience through 83 R&D projects, undertaken from its year of establishment (2003) until today. The vast majority of them were research projects funded by the European Commission. By participating in these projects, the Institute has cooperated with over 350 renowned European companies and institutions.
Fraunhofer-Pupin JPO team is currently involved in 19 projects:
- 1 Horizon Europe project (OMEGA-X)
- 10 H2020 projects (NEON, AI-PROFICIENT, HESTIA, SINERGY, TRAPEZE, PLATOON, TRINITY, IDEAS, REACT, FeelAgain),
- 1 BMBF project (CognitivePlant),
- 5 COST actions (Distributed Knowledge Graphs, NexusLinguarum, IC1004, CA 15104, VOICE),
- 1 research project funded by the Science Fund of the Republic of Serbia (ARTEMIS)
- 1 research project funded by the Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development (SOFIA).
In these projects, the main research areas are big data analytics, machine learning, IoT, energy management (demand-response, optimization, non-intrusive load monitoring- NILM, etc.).
- 4 H2020 projects (RESPOND, InBETWEEN, LAMBDA, SlideWIKI),
- 15 FP7 projects (REFLECT, META-NET, HydroWEEE, ICT-WEB-PROMS, HELENA, EMILI, ENERGY WARDEN, PROCEED, LOD2, CASCADE, H-WEEE-DEMO, EPIC-HUB, SPARTACUS, GenderTIME, GeoKNOW),
- 5 CIP/EIP projects (CESAR, GREEN, WEEEN, IMAGEEN, Share PSI 2.0),
- 1 IPA Adriatic project (PACCINO),
- 1 SEE project (FORSEE),
- 3 FP6 projects (SARIB, PROMETEA, Web4WeB),
- 2 EC Interreg/CADSES projects (I2E, STRIM),
- 1 Interreg DANUBE project (MOVECO),
- 7 Bilateral projects (5 Germany, 1 Cyprus,1 Greece),
- 5 projects funded by the Ministry of Science of Serbia,
- 16 commerical projects ( BEST , INVEX, RAIL-Invest , FIDES , PEGAS , IVP , Bonitet , CITRA, CyberSCHOOL , WiseChoice , RIO , ClearWater , BioAS , SPORE , IKAR, SENA, etc.)
You can read more about these projects here.
The above mentioned project were predominantly in the areas of artificial intelligence, decision support systems, expert systems, complex event processing, semantic web, linked data web, energy management, environmental management, etc.
|Fraunhofer-Pupin JPO Team|